Quote







A happy family is but an earlier heaven.-- John Bowring

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Wrap Up!

Hello!!
Well I figured it is just about that time of year to FINALLY update this blog! We have been pretty busy between my best friends wedding, camping, a trip to South Dakota and just regular summer activities! It has been so much fun, but I'm never sad to see summer come to an end. Of all the season, summer is the one I like the least. Between the heat and the bugs, I could easily live some place where the temps never climb higher than 75 degrees...but then again, if I didn't have summer I probably wouldn't appreciate the other seasons the way I do! Either way...here is our summer!!
 At the end of June we had a family fun day in Gillette. We did a little shopping, went to the Gillette City Pool (very awesome!!!), took the kids out for some ice-cream and then went to the movies to see Cars 2 in the theater!! It was a BLAST!! I do believe that was one of the best days we've ever had!!
July is when things really started getting busy! My best friend got married so we headed to Sheridan to be apart of that! It was a beautiful wedding and we wish Andy and Christina  many years of wedded bliss! We came home on Sunday, just in time for Andy to work his 4 days and then left right away on Friday for a family camping trip!! We went up in the Big Horns with my parents (we had campsites right next to each other!!) and we had SO MUCH FUN!! Garrett went fishing with Andy and my Dad and caught his first fish! I don't have pictures of that, but my dad did get some on his camera, so when I get some copies, I will share them!! We had nice campfires, huge smores, delicious camp food and spent plenty of time relaxing! I was sad to see the trip come to an end, but Tuesday we had to pack up and head home anyways.
A few weeks later, on Andy's following 7-off, we headed on over and spent a few days in South Dakota with Andy's parents. We took the kids to Storybook Island, Chuck E. Cheese for lunch, and the Dinosaur Park. We had a wonderful time and the kids were very spoiled!! I don't think they minded though!! Then Andy's parents watched the kids for us so we could enjoy an evening out with some friends!! They are getting married in September, so we'll be heading back over there in about another month! Very excited for this as well!!
Overall we had a great summer!! Unfortunately when we got back from all our fun everyone came down sick....but we are hoping to be back up and running soon and are glad we got to enjoy the summer festivities to the fullest!! Please enjoy the pictures (there are a TON!!)!! Some of the pictures are kind of small, since there are so many, so I think if you click on them they will enlarge for you!! I will be 'seeing' you all again soon!! Until then, I hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer!!

The Bride and I

Andy and I









1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great! And we always enjoy reading your updates - Thanks!
    Uncle D

    ReplyDelete